Friday, March 5, 2010

week 7.

Etec..........week 7
Q.how far should educators go in matching tec. used in the class room to the type of tec. that their students use in every day life's?
A.That is kind of a touchy subject, I feel that teachers should use prevalent up to date tec. in their instruction but be sure and keep away from the distracting aspects that some tec. comes with.
Q.Are online chats and i.m. of value in the class room? Do they add to the learning experience or are they distracting?
A.I feel that online chats and i.m. has no place in a high school class room. I can not think of a relevant use for either. Yes both uses of that type of tec. would be super distracting.
Q.Are their benefits to asynchronous text based commutation compared to face to face Communion?
A. for me personally that is a hard question to answer, I do enjoy good face to face debate and lecture, however through my online classes I have found that I don't hold back when answering a question or asking for help via email.
Q.does using pod cast really help students learn, Or is just another passive way to communicate?
A. At this time I'm not really sure where I stand one this aspect of learning. I tend to lean more to the its a passive way to communicate, however I wont stand firm and write the pod casting off until I get to use it myself.
Q.do playing video game help students learn? will I allow my children to play them everyday? what skills are to be gained from the game play?
A. Their are some studies that state that yes video games will help students learn. But as far as my personal idea of class room learnig I say no. I don't enjoy playing video games so it is hard for me to see using them in a class room. Also I have a daughter and no she will not be playing video games everyday, I want her to be physically active. However possibly I could see how video game play would improve your eye hand coordination.

No comments:

Post a Comment